Based in Cambridge, UK
Hexahedra is an open-ended programming puzzle game about beautiful efficiency. Fill a factory with a variety of devices and program them to work together to produce the required cubes. Use the grid command system to create complex loops, and branch the logic flow using lasers and proximity sensors.
Cubes have become the galaxy’s most important commodity, being used as crates, musical instruments, octopus housing, sculptures, and more. Use your cube-designing skills to work your way up to a ticket to Earth and a post at the most prestigious cube fabricator, Hexahedra Inc. Dig into rumours that some cubes are being used for sinister purposes, and field an array of oddly aquatic requests received on damp paper in strange ink.
After creating a prototype in 2019 and deciding that 12 years at Jagex working on RuneScape and various other games was enough, Chris began production in February 2020. The game entered Closed Beta in June 2021. Almost all the development has been livestreamed on Twitch.
- Puzzle solving with a focus on optimization - making solutions smaller, or faster, or more simply coded. Players can compete on a global leaderboard and with friends.
- The ability to rewind the factory to rewatch action in the past - great for going back and spotting improvements and bugs in solutions.
- An in-game editor that allows custom puzzles to be shared privately or via the Steam Workshop.
- A layered soundtrack that increases the energy of the music as factories get bigger.
- Make friends with an octopus.
Logo & Icon
Technical dives into how Hexahedra is put together https:.
About Sidequest Ninja
Where one-man indie Chris Knowles (with freelancer help!) makes games. Currently creating puzzle game Hexahedra.
More information on Sidequest Ninja, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Concept, Design, and Programming, Sidequest Ninja
Concept Artist and Illustrator, Freelancer
UI Artist, Freelancer
2D Environment Artist, Freelancer
VFX Artist, Freelancer